How to Avoid Burnout While Running Your Business
Let’s all face it! Running a business is HECTIC when you don’t have the right systems in place. Even if you’ve automated your business for the most part, your mind will most likely always e thinking of new ways to bring in new customers, promote your products, thinking of creative sales funnels, creating new products, writing blog posts, etc.
Just typing all of that made me overwhelmed! But you don’t have to always feel overwhelmed.
In fact, doing too much all of the time will eventually cause you to burn out and you won’t feel motivated to keep going.
Luckily, there are ways to avoid burnout while running your business.
- Create a System – Having a system in place will help you create some balance. If you know what needs to be done at what time and on what days you’ll function much better.
Rather than trying to figure everything out every day, try creating a system and a schedule for each day. That way, you won’t feel guilty about not doing something that you felt you should have done.
- Create a Daily Schedule – This step is much like creating a system. Creating a daily schedule will help your mind focus on the tasks at hand rather than scurrying around trying to figure out what to do to be productive that day.
I don’t know about you, but when I don’t have a set schedule for my business for that day, I feel like I have to do a whole lot of things to feel productive for that day. And that’s no good.
Doing it that way will almost guarantee you feeling exhausted at the end of the day and feel like you still haven’t accomplished a lot.
- Take Breaks – It’s important to pace yourself throughout the day. Don’t feel like you have to do everything all at once. Me, personally, I hate taking breaks because I like to maximize the amount of time I spend working, because I know at a certain point during the day, I won’t have the desire to do it anymore.
BUT, that’s not healthy for your mind or your body! Taking breaks helps your brain get a bit of a breather. Then, when you come back, you’ll feel refreshed and ready to take on more tasks.
- Start Early – A lot of successful people wake up between the hours of 5AM and 7AM, some even earlier. I’m not telling you that in order to be successful, you have to wake up that early. But the earlier you wake up, the more hours you’ll have in the day.
Ever heard anyone complain that there just simply aren’t enough hours in the day? Yeah, they probably wake up between 7AM and 9 AM, ad then find that half the morning is over and they’re scurrying to get done what they need to get done.
So basically yeah, START EARLY. Get yourself a cup of coffee or tea (whichever you prefer) and get started working on your goals for the day.
- Have your Goals Set the Night Before – A lot of successful people also do this. They plan the night before so that the next morning, they now what needs to be done. In the morning, they won’t find themselves wondering or wasting time preparing their tasks for the day.
Even better, if you can, plan your week in advance. If this can’t work for you, then the night before is just fine. Write out a task list and a schedule of what you’ll be doing for the next day. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Eat a Healthy Meal - You’re probably like, huh? Well, yeah, that saying “You are What You Eat” is very true. Make sure you’re watching what you’re eating and feeding your body. Your body will thank you for nurturing it.
Have you ever eaten a meal at, say, McDonalds and then a half hour later, you feel groggy, tired and useless? Well, it’s because you’re putting all of that garbage into your body. Then, you end up feeling like garbage.
Eat healthier, drink water and treat your body well and it will carry you well through not only the day but through life.
- Remember, that this is not a Competition – Life, Business, Personal lives, etc. none of that is a competition. By comparing where you are in your journey to where someone else is will only make you feel bad about yourself and make you lose focus.
You are exactly where you need to be. And everything works out in divine timing. No need to rush. Align.
You’ve got this!