How I made over $20,000 with Digital Products
I cannot believe that I’m writing this! No seriously! I actually made $20,000 with the digital products that I create. If you told me this was possible a year ago, I would have laughed in your face! However, at some point, I had to believe this was possible in order to achieve it.
Don’t worry, this isn’t some overhyped blog post about believing and achieving and magically manifesting it. No! I had to work my butt off, figure things out, make mistakes, encounter numerous failures, find new ways to do things and be as creative as possible. It wasn’t an easy road.
So how did I do it?
- Decided what I wanted to do and DID it– I decided that I wanted to create digital products such as eBooks and workbooks. Since my area of interest is business, all of my products were focused around business and things concerning starting and running a business. For instance, to run a business, you need to know about marketing, email marketing, sales funnels, mindset shifts, etc.
I also provide business forms for startups. By providing a variety of different things, I allowed myself to become sort of a one stop shop for all things business. So you need to hone in on one area or industry and decide what subjects you can teach others about.
For instance, if you’re in the beauty industry, you could provide tutorials on how to apply eyelash extensions or provide people with vendor lists that they can use to buy for their own businesses.
- Did my Homework – I made sure that I did my research. What areas of business were people struggling in the most? What did people need help with? How could I bridge the gap and fill the void? What was selling? What wasn’t? I had to answer all of these questions in order to get my shop the sales that it deserved.
So you need to do your homework as well. What information does your audience need that is not exactly readily available? How can you position yourself as an expert in your field?
- Created Value – My eBooks and Workbooks aren’t just slapped together. They’re a compilation of my best thoughts, ideas, research and creativity. A lot of thought and passion was put into my products and I’m always continuously updating them. When you create value, you get a lot of repeat customers. You get rave reviews which brings in even more sales.
Provide value outside of your products as well. Show your audience that you are the go-to in your industry. Provide mind-blowing facts, statistics, things that they don’t know already. Show them the way.
- Promoted Accordingly – Pinterest has been a GODSEND for me! Pinterest is the go-to for anything creative. And I am the Creative Queen! Pinterest has provided me with multiple sales to my website as well as a LOT of traffic. Traffic = visibility! Without visibility, you have no eyes on your business.
I also promoted on my Instagram, Facebook and Twitter account. Therefore, different people were able to see my products and get to know me. Promoting also means advertising on different platforms as well. Sometimes you have to spend a little money to make a little money.
- Built My audience – Can’t get sales very easily without building your audience! I’m a firm believer that followers don’t equal sales. But if you have no followers at all, then you won’t have anyone to buy your products. Build your audience slowly and organically by providing valuable content and interacting with your audience.
Choose a few platforms that you’d like to build on that are good for your industry, and then start growing by providing value and interacting with other brands.
- Remain Consistent – Consistency is key in any business! The more you show up for your business, the better the results will be. You can’t expect to just grow your following and get sales all in one week, month, sometimes even year. One thing that I have also learned is that you cannot compare your journey to the journey of others. You have no idea what that other entrepreneur had to do to get to where they are. So keep your eyes on your own paper.
Without consistency, you won’t build trust. If you keep disappearing when things get hard or when you just don’t feel like it, you’ll never get to where you want to be.
Making $20,000 from my OWN business has been such a huge confidence booster for me. It has allowed me to realize that I CAN do whatever I put my mind to. If you need help with creating digital products or getting your business off the ground, schedule a 1 hour Power Hour Strategy Session! I’m here for you and I want to help you succeed.
CLICK HERE to get started!